Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Empowerment Experiment?

I don't get it. But let me first say this...in no way am I racist. Which is why I find this article intriguing. I see this article possibly two ways...
  1. Is it like going to Wegmans/Giant Eagle/Quality/Kroger/your choice of grocers and paying an arm and a leg for organic food? It's a 'fad' or the 'healthy thing to do' so that's all you buy, or
  2. Is it considered reverse racism? What if caucasians pledged to only shop and purchase from stores owned by white people?

I understand that this (#2), more than likely, happens without even knowing it, but what if we openly and publicly announced that we will not support any black-owned businesses, and decided to call it an 'Empowerment Experiment'? Do you think Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would be on all the news stations crying about another act of racism?! Of course!

Signing off for the night...Let me hear your thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment